Tour Code: CHT-107
Departure Date: You choose
Destinations: Shanghai / Suzhou / Huangshan / Hangzhou / Shanghai
Tour Price: from $1067
Tour Feature:Land tour + well selected hotel + domestic flights/trains, Private Guided with your own English speaking guide (otherwise specified), your own driver at your own pace and schedule.
Day by Day Itinerary
Place & Transport: Arrive in Shanghai, Flight not included
Today’s Activities: Airport to Hotel Transfer (Shanghai)
Place & Transport: Shanghai to Suzhou, Train No. D444 (Shanghai Railway Station – Suzhou Railway Station) Dep 17:35 – Arr 18:11
Today’s Activities: Hotel to Train station Transfer (Shanghai), Train station to Hotel Transfer (Suzhou), Yuyuan Garden, Yuyuan Market, Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall, The Shanghai World Financial Center, Julong Silk Exhibition
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Old Shanghai Restaurant
- Yuyuan Garden: Located at a very busy marketplace in a complex of traditional-style buildings, backing onto Yu Gardens, you can find everything there from popular local snacks and food, crafts, antiques and souvenirs to Starbucks, teahouses and some great restaurants. There is a small (reconstructed) Temple (Chenghuang: Temple of the City Gods) in there as well.
- Yuyuan Market: Located next to the Yuyuan Garden and also known today as the City God Temple, it was built in the fifteenth century during the Ming Dynasty. The City God Temple is a Taoist temple which is composed of many halls such as the Grand Hall, Middle Hall, Bedroom Palace, Star Gods Hall and etc. The City God Temple has a great influence on the residents of Shanghai. The religious festivals of the temple are considered to be the festivals for all Shanghai people.
- Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall: A short walk across Renmin Square from the Shanghai Museum, this is a fascinating insight into Shanghai’s future. The 2nd floor has a giant walkaround model of the city, and other floors have great displays, interactive exhibitions and walkthroughs of aspects such as the ports, greening, leisure etc.
- The Shanghai World Financial Center: The Shanghai World Financial Center is a super tall skyscraper. It is a mixed use skyscraper, which will consist of offices, hotels, conference rooms, observation decks, and shopping malls on the lower floors. The hotel component has 175 rooms and suites and goes by the name: The Park Hyatt, Shanghai. On September 14, 2007, the skyscraper reached 492.3 meters (1,615.2 ft) and became the tallest structure on mainland China, including Hong Kong, as well as the world’s third tallest building (including unfinished ones), after the Burj Dubai and Taipei 101.
- Old Shanghai Restaurant: Old Shanghai Restaurant is a old and famous local restaurant which serves typical Shanghai Food as well as different flavors from other parts of China.
- Julong Silk Exhibition: Julong Silk Exhibition is a window into Suzhou Maowang embroidery group situated Shanghai. There are two exhibitions where you can see how silk is produced from the silk cocoons and turned into the fabric. It has become a popular spot for foreign tourists looking for authentic, quality products.
Address: Dagu Road, Shanghai
Place & Transport: Suzhou to Overnight train, Train No. N418/N419 (Suzhou Railway Station – Huangshan Railway Station) Dep 23:39 – Arr 10:00
Today’s Activities: Hotel to Train station Transfer (Suzhou), The Grand Canal, Lingering Garden, Humble Administrators Garden, Tiger Hill
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Yangyang Dumpling Restaurant
- The Grand Canal: The Grand Canal ranks alongside the Great Wall of China as the country’s greatest engineering achievement and it is the longest man-made waterway in the world. Cruising on the Canal, you can see the local peoples’ life.
Known as the land of rice and fish, Suzhou city has a network of picturesque lakes and canals both large and small, which all link in eventually to the Grand Canal. The view from the little boats that ply the smaller canals is enchanting, whilst the traffic on the Grand Canal reminds you of Suzhou that it was the original source of the ‘sea’ silk road.
- Lingering Garden: Suzhou is famous for its gardens.Lingering Garden is an elaborate succession of small gardens. Lingering in a garden you will marvel at its unique architecture and art. It is located on No.338 Liuyuan Road, Suzhou City. Designed to “linger” through the generations, with a succession of small beautifully landscaped gardens, pools and pavements and a pavilion for each season. It has wonderful covered walkways, carved corridors, elaborately shaped doorways and perfect viewpoints for a variety of perspectives on this special garden.
- Humble Administrators Garden: The garden is the best representative of Chinese classical gardens, constructed in the Ming dynasty,which focuses on a central pond with pavilions, terraces, chambers, and towers located nearby, the garden is divided into three parts: the eastern, middle and western parts.At 5 hectares the largest of these beautiful gardens, it is one of the most famous one. It provides everyone with pleasure. Don’t miss the Garden Museum – actually don’t miss any of this lovely place. Tourists may wear comfortable shoes, as there’s a lot of walking here.
- Tiger Hill: Tiger Hill, known also as Surging Sea Hill, is a large hillock, standing 36 meters high and covering an area of some 14,100 square meters. Going up to the hill, you will find a number of historical sites, including some from 2,500 years ago, which are as old as the Suzhou city. It is a beautiful park around the hillock where, according to legend, King Wu was buried in 514BC, guarded by a white tiger. A gentle climb passes attractive historic spots, each with own tale such as Sword Testing Rock, Miss Wu’s Tomb, Sword Spring, 1000 People Rock, to the leaning pagoda at the top. Tourists may walk down past tea bushes to the pretty canal and wooden boats. Horse-drawn or electric carts may travel some of the paths.
- Yangyang Dumpling Restaurant: Originally established as a dumpling factory, Yangyang has developed into a restaurant serving diversified cuisine. Combining traditional delicacies with western-style food, Yangyang has been recognized by overseas tourist magazines.
Place & Transport: Overnight train to Huangshan
Today’s Activities: Train station to Hotel Transfer (Huangshan), Hongcun Village, Xidi Village, huangshan museum
Meals: Chinese Lunch at Leigang villa
- Hongcun Village: It’s located in the place which is about 10 kilometers off the northeast part of Yixian County. An ancient town over 800 years old leaning against Mt. Huangshan, it is folded in the fog of the Mt. which makes it look like a river and mountain picture. It enjoys the reputation of “The Chinese town in the pictures”. Especially, the whole town distributes like a cow, which made it one of the wonders in the world culture heritage. The famous film “Crouching Tiger” was made here. Surrounded by a picturesque moat with bridges to the village and a half-moon shaped pond in the centre, this is a favourite haunt of artists, and students often stay with local families to paint here. Laid out to represent a buffalo, it is one of the prettiest places in the area, known as the Chinese town in the pictures and has been listed by UNESCO for its beauty and largely undeveloped traditional streets and houses. Various halls, dwellings and an old school are open to visitors.
- Xidi Village: Xidi is located at the foot of Mt. Huangshan. It’s 54 kilometers away from Huangshan City.First built 900 years ago in Song Dynasty with UNESCO, its traditional architecture is well preserved. The buildings and the street patterns, reflect the socio-economic structure of an enduring period of Chinese history. Don’t miss the large memorial archway.
- Leigang villa: “chinese-style food and local food ,leigang restaurant is situate on the top of the leigang hill .Here, clean air, beautiful environment, pleasant scenery.It is surrounded by bamboo forest and peach tree.Standing on the hill,you can do a bird’s eye view to the whole Hongcun village. ”
- huangshan museum: Huangshan museum is the biggest comprehensive exhibition in Huangshan. It showcases products of all types including ink stone, Hui-style ink, paintings, Hui-style carvings, ancient books, old porcelain. It has become a popular spot for foreign tourists looking for authentic, quality Hui-style products.
Address: No.24 huishang, huangshan City
Place & Transport: Huangshan
Today’s Activities: Yungu Cable Car, Yellow Mountain
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Yungu Cable Car: You can enjoy the scenery along the way to the yellow mountain by cable car.
- Yellow Mountain: Located in the south of Anhui Province, with an area of about 1,200 square kilometers, known as “the loveliest mountain in China”,famous for magnificent scenery whatever the season: granite peaks piercing the clouds, strangely shaped rocks and gnarled trees, hot springs, waterfalls, wonderful outlooks and over 1500 plant species. No traffic within the core area of about 150 square kilometres, accessible by cable car or on foot. Many enticing walks of all grades, all include some steps.
Place & Transport: Huangshan to Hangzhou
Today’s Activities: Hotel to bus station Transfer (Huangshan), Express bus station to Hotel Transfer (Hangzhou), Yungu Cable Car
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at U.B.C Coffee
- Yungu Cable Car: You can enjoy the scenery along the way to the yellow mountain by cable car.
- U.B.C Coffee: Located nearby the Old Street, U.B.C Coffee is well decorated with a cozy environment. The restaurant serves western food and Business Package. It also caters to a variety of cuisine, including Western-style cakes, coffee, steak, etc.
Place & Transport: Hangzhou to Shanghai, Train No. D680 (Hangzhou Railway Station – Shanghai South Railway Station) Dep 18:18 – Arr 19:36
Today’s Activities: Hotel to Train station Transfer (Hangzhou), Train station to Hotel Transfer (Shanghai), Lingyin Temple, Meijiawu Tea Plantation, The West Lake(including the Island on the lake), Meijiawu Village
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Tianxinglou Restaurant
- Lingyin Temple: Lingyin Temple is one of the ten most famous ancient Buddhist temples in China. It also houses various Buddhist literature and treasures situated in front of the Temple, and is famous for its more than 470 stone carvings of Buddhist figures, which dated from the 10th to 14th centuries.
- Meijiawu Tea Plantation: Tea village is seated at the hinterland of West Lake Park and it boasts the most important tea production basis. Here you are in an original natural environment, just relax your feelings and enjoy the special tea culture, taste the fragrant tea while appreciating the beautiful village scenery.
- The West Lake(including the Island on the lake): West Lake has an area of 5.6 square kilometers (2.2 square miles) and is the symbol of Hangzhou which lies on its banks and is a place of tranquility. A visit to Fairy Island is worth it to see on of the Ten Best Views of West Lake – Three Pools Mirroring the Moon. The occasional pagoda and Chinese-style arched bridges add atmosphere to the tree-lined walkways, verdant islands and hills make West Lake a very special part of any China experience.
- Tianxinglou Restaurant: Hangzhou Tianxianglou is the biggest hotel on the GaoYin Street and has a unique elegance and antique flavor. It is famous throughout China for it’s Hangzhou style dishes.
- Meijiawu Village: Meijiawu Village is located in the western part of West Lake scenic area. It has a history of over 600 years. Situated among lush green hills, it is a rustic, natural scenic spot. Visitors can have a tea culture experience by learning tea picking and processing. It also showcases tea products of all kinds including jasmine tea, Dragon Well tea, green tea, black tea, and wulong tea. Address: No.1 South Meiling Road
Place & Transport: Depart Shanghai, Flight not included
Today’s Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Shanghai)
* Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is a western style buffet.
* Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Beijing by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and english-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority!
As outlined in the itinerary an english-speaking guide and driver will be provided, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities.
* Service Charge & Government Taxes:
* Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
* Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
* Single Room Supplement?